On this page we provide some basic tips on how to succeed in Blackjack. It is always best to play Basic Strategy. However, if you don’t want to check into the strategy chart, every time before making a move you can use these basic guidelines. If you are completely new to Blackjack and you are looking for the basic rules please click here.
- Take a card on 16 or lower because you can’t win unless the dealer bust.
- But stand anyway if the dealer shows a 4,5, or 6 because he his more likely to bust
- “Doubling down” involves doubling your wager and getting one more card when you feel strongly that you will beat the dealer when doing so.
- Always split 8’s or 7’s against a dealer’s card of equal or lower value.
- Always split 2’s or 3’s against a 4, 5, or 6.
- Always split aces.
- Never split face cards, 10’s, or 5’s.